If you have any questions or comments please email me at renee.costanzo7@gmail.com
There are several meetings planned to inform the public of the progress being made and how you can be involved in this expanding project. Stay in touch with this blog for further details.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Visiting the Murals of Humbolt Park Area, Chicago

Over Memorial Day weekend I was in Chicago and I visited some Murals in the Humbolt Park Area. I hoped to gain some inspiration from the designs and ideas within the works of art. The area is very community themed and they were able to express this characteristic through works of public art. I am encouraged by these pieces and I hope to see this same encouragement found in and around Normal.
Chicago Center for Hope, on Logan Sq. Blvd





"Born of Fire: The Great Wall of Puerto Rican Resistance in Chicago" Designed by Martin Soto

          Outside two Buildings on Western Ave. 
There is so much more neighborhood character exhibited through the use of these murals.

No comments:

Post a Comment